I've been here since 2005 and the hubs has done a MASSIVE remodel to the kitchen, living area and bathroom. There are so many things I'd like to do to make this house a home so we will spend more time here. I think we've both reached that point in ours lives where we just enjoy being at the house. The past couple of days, I've cleaned during the day, poured a glass of wine about 6 p.m., sat outside to read, made dinner, watched a movie and went to bed. Sounds so boring and blissful at the same time.
The hubs told me to make a list of things I wanted to do around the house...and boy did I! Pinterest and I have also become best of friends over the past couple of days. My Sparkplug Hubby Do. board is growing rapidly. There are touch ups that we need to finish because a remodel here is never really complete. But here are the things on the top of my list.
1. I want a chicken coop. Raising chickens was what I did most of my life and all throughout high school. I showed poultry production chickens and placed numerous times. I found these coops on Pinterest and I want to build one now in our backyard. I can't wait to get our bittys!
2. Our TV needs to hang on the wall. It currently sits on an entertainment stand that the hubs made a while ago but I think it's time to get that space back and clean it up a little bit.
3. The entry way into our house needs something. The door opens and swings toward and wall (by the TV) but I think we can make something half this size and have a place for umbrellas, coats, shoes, and even some storage for our DVDS, Xbox games, etc.
4. Swing, hammock, reading nook.....something! Yep, that swing is made from pallets.
5. Outdoor fire pit. The fire pit we currently have consists of bricks in a circle and we love to have bonfires. While a bonfire comes in handy when we have a lot of people over, it also isn't so great when you want to roast marshmallows because you can't get close to it. We need it too look a little less redneck and a lot more clean.
6. Our garage. Ugh! Can you hear me sigh just by saying the word. When I moved into my house in 2005, it really was a mix between my grandpa's old house and a college girl's apartment. I had nothing in the garage except my washer and dryer. Now, seven years later, it's a man's garage. It has more tools than I even know the name of, wedding supplies (they need to go), paintball stuff, motorcycles and parts, snowboarding gear, diving and fishing equipment, and the list can go on. The hubs is an adventurer and adrenaline junkie so he has many hobbies.
This will be way down on the list, but the hubs and I are going to rent a POD and take everything out. I want to sheet rock the walls, stain the floor and build shelves that have a purpose. In my fantasy world, here is an awesome garage but we all know hard working boys won't go for this, but maybe we can get a step closer.